This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me will be treated in accordance with GDPR requirements (General Data Protection Regulations applied by European legislations effective from 25th May 2018).
I also maintain confidentiality standards according to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy ethical guidelines.
Please read the following carefully to understand how I will treat and regard your personal data.
A. COLLATION OF INFORMATION
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on my website which includes requesting further contact.
2. If you contact me by letter or email, records of the correspondence may be kept.
3. Details of transactions you may carry out through the fulfilment and administration of counselling and psychotherapy services provided.
4. Details of your visits to my website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access and use.
B. WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Personal data that is collected from you via any contact forms initiated through my website will either be sent securely to my email address or will be stored on servers inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
C. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
1. To provide you with information or services that you request from me, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
3. To notify you about changes to my services.
If you are an existing client, I will only contact you by electronic means with information about services I am currently providing you.
D. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of relevant professional bodies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
E. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
1. My website may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for statistical purposes. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
2. For the same reason, my website may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable me:
a) To estimate audience size and usage pattern;
b) To store information about your preferences, and so allow me to customise my site according to your individual interests;
c) To potentially recognise you when you return to my site.